|What can be expected in 2013 as regards legislative developments in the energy market|
|Thursday, 16 August 2012 07:13|
Page 1 of 2
2014 has been politically set as a target for the completion of the European internal market for electricity and gas. It is useful to know the schedule for adopting the main network codes in that regard.
The answer to this question brings the recent Commission Decision of 19 July 2012 on the establishment of the annual priority lists for the development of network codes and guidelines for 2013 (OJ L 192, 20.7.2012, p. 32). In just two Articles the Decision allows to get orientation in that regard.
- capacity allocation and congestion management rules including governance for day-ahead and intraday markets including capacity calculation (adoption under comitology procedure),
- rules for longer-term (forward) capacity allocation (drafting of network code),
- network connection rules:
- network rules on generator grid connection (adoption under comitology procedure),
- network code on distribution system operator and industrial load connection (finalise network code and start comitology process),
- network code on High-voltage direct current transmission system connection,
- system operation (finalise network codes on operational security, on operational planning and scheduling and on load-frequency control and reserves and start adoption process,
- balancing rules including network-related reserve power rules (finalise network code on balancing),
- rules regarding harmonised transmission tariff structures and/or investment incentives.