Pursuant to Article 2(10) of the Network Code on Requirements for Grid Connection of Generators (NC RfG) 'power-generating module document' or 'PGMD' means a document provided by the power generating facility owner to the relevant system operator for a type B or C power-generating module which confirms that the power-generating module's compliance with the technical criteria set out in the said Regulation has been demonstrated and provides the necessary data and statements, including a statement of compliance.
PGMD issued by authorised certifier
Pursuant to Article 32(6) of the NC RfG, the EU Member State may provide that the PGMD shall be issued by an authorised certifier.
The overview of national frameworks regarding this optionality can be found in the ACER 3rd edition NC RfG implementation monitoring report 2020 of 10 December 2020.
The Agency asked the National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) if the said Article had been applied by the relevant EU Member States.
According to the said Report of 10 December 2020, only BNetzA (DE) and ANRE (RO) confirmed that the corresponding Member States provided that the PGMD is issued by an authorised certifier.
In particular, ANRE (RO) specified that this requirement is foreseen into ANRE order no. 51/2019, art.12(2)(e).
BNetzA (DE) explained that the “Federal Ordinance on the Verification of Electro Technical Features of Energy Systems” of June 2017 determines the certification and validation of power plants.
Moreover, although there is not a formal application of Article 32(6) of the NC RfG in the relevant Member States, ERSE (PT) and RONI (SK) envisage the possibility that the PGMD can be issued by an authorised certifier.
The remaining NRAs confirmed that this Article has not been applied by the relevant Member States.
ACER concludes in the said Report (p. 26) that concerning the implementation of Article 32(6) of the NC RfG, most Member States did not provide that the PGMD shall be issued by an authorised certifier, with the sole exception of two NRAs (BNetzA (DE) and ANRE (RO)).
Article 32 of the Network Code on Requirements for Grid Connection of Generators
Procedure for type B and C power-generating modules
1. For the purpose of operational notification for connection of each new type B and C power-generating module, a power-generating module document ('PGMD') shall be provided by the power-generating facility owner to the relevant system operator and shall include a statement of compliance. For each power-generating module within the power-generating facility, separate independent PGMDs shall be provided.
2. The format of the PGMD and the information to be given therein shall be specified by the relevant system operator. The relevant system operator shall have the right to request that the power-generating facility owner include the following in the PGMD:
(a) evidence of an agreement on the protection and control settings relevant to the connection point between the relevant system operator and the power-generating facility owner;
(b) itemised statement of compliance;
(c) detailed technical data of the power-generating module with relevance to the grid connection as specified by the relevant system operator;
(d) equipment certificates issued by an authorised certifier in respect of power-generating modules, where these are relied upon as part of the evidence of compliance;
(e) for Type C power-generating modules, simulation models pursuant to point (c) of Article 15(6);
(f) compliance test reports demonstrating steady-state and dynamic performance as required by Chapters 2, 3 and 4 of Title IV, including use of actual measured values during testing, to the level of detail required by the relevant system operator; and (g) studies demonstrating steady-state and dynamic performance as required by Chapters 5, 6 or 7 of Title IV, to the level of detail required by the relevant system operator.
3. The relevant system operator, on acceptance of a complete and adequate PGMD, shall issue a final operational notification to the power-generating facility owner.
4. The power-generating facility owner shall notify the relevant system operator or the competent authority of the Member State about the permanent decommissioning of a power-generating module in accordance with national legislation.
5. Where applicable, the relevant system operator shall ensure that the commissioning and decommissioning of Type B and Type C power-generating modules can be notified electronically.
6. Member States may provide that the PGMD shall be issued by an authorised certifier.
Network Code on Requirements for Grid Connection of Generators (NC RfG), Article 2(10), Article 32