Article 35 of the Network Code on Requirements for Grid Connection of Generators
Interim operational notification for type D power generating modules
1. An ION shall entitle the power generating facility owner to operate the power generating module and generate power by using the grid connection for a limited period of time.
2. An ION shall be issued by the relevant system operator, subject to completion of the data and study review process as required by this Article.
3. With regard to the data and study review, the relevant system operator shall have the right to request that the power generating facility owner provide the following:
(a) itemised statement of compliance;
(b) detailed technical data on the power generating module of relevance to the grid connection as specified by the relevant system operator;
(c) equipment certificates issued by an authorised certifier in respect of power generating modules, where they are relied upon as part of the evidence of compliance;
(d) simulation models, as specified by point (c) of Article 15(6) and required by the relevant system operator;
(e) studies demonstrating the expected steady-state and dynamic performance as required by Chapter 5, 6 or 7 of Title IV; and
(f) details of intended compliance tests in accordance with Chapters 2, 3 and 4 of Title IV.
4. The maximum period during which the power generating facility owner may maintain ION status shall be 24 months. The relevant system operator is entitled to specify a shorter ION validity period. The modalities of that notification shall be determined in accordance with the applicable national regulatory framework. An extension of the ION shall be granted only if the power generating facility owner has made substantial progress towards full compliance. Outstanding issues shall be clearly identified at the time of requesting extension.
5. An extension of the period during which the power generating facility owner may maintain ION status, beyond the period established in paragraph 4, may be granted if a request for derogation is made to the relevant system operator before the expiry of that period in accordance with the derogation procedure laid down in Article 60.